Send Tab URLs
Send Tab URLs creates a list of URLs from all browser tabs in the current Firefox window. This list can be emailed using your favorite email application, or copied to the clipboard for pasting into another application.
After installing Send Tab URLs, a new button will be automatically added to the menu panel in Firefox, if it is not there already.
- Works with most email applications (some limitations apply to Windows users; see Known Issues below for details). Gmail is also supported; so is Google Apps Gmail.
- Up to 30 browser tabs can be listed; there is no limit if sending the URL list to the clipboard
- Select the style of the URL list in the email: numbered, bulleted, or plain list
Supported languages: English (United States), Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, German, Hebrew, Italian, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian.
- Windows users: Send Tab URLs will work with Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey Mail, Windows Live Mail, and MS Office Outlook. Send Tab URLs may not work with other Windows-based email programs not listed here, especially if the URLs of the individual browser tabs are long. No such limitation is known to exist on Linux or Mac OS X.
- If you have multiple Firefox profiles, and you are running Firefox using a profile other than the original default profile, and Thunderbird is set as the default email client, you may receive the following error when invoking Send Tab URLs: "Thunderbird is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Thunderbird process, or restart your system." To resolve this problem, close Thunderbird and try again, or exit Firefox and restart it using the original default profile.
- Version 2.3.1
- - Automatically use the correct line break character in the URL list, based on operating system
Download links below are provided for historical reference only. Always install the latest version that is compatible with your version of Firefox.
- Version 2.3
- - Compatible with multi-process tabs (a.k.a. Electrolysis or e10s)
- - Other minor fixes
- Version 2.2
- - Integration with the new Firefox Australis user interface
- - Support for Google Apps Gmail. This was previously an experimental feature; it is now turned on by default
- - Bug fix: Tab titles display as "null" in the URL list if Send Tab URLs was invoked after the browser session was restored (issue #1)
- - As of version 2.2, the following email clients are no longer supported (but may still work): Mozilla Suite, Eudora, Outlook Express, Windows Mail.
- Version 2.1
- - New option to add the Send Tab URLs command to the List All Tabs menu in Firefox 4 and newer
- - Added translations for German, Hebrew and Swedish
- - Removed experimental support for Yahoo! Mail
- - "Copy to clipboard" confirmation now appears as an alert instead of a dialog, if nsIAlertsService is available
- Version 2.0
- - Added support for Gmail, and experimental support for Google Apps and Yahoo! Mail
- - Added ability to send the URL list to the clipboard
- - Added support for the following email applications on Windows: Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, and Eudora 8
- - Redesigned extension preferences dialog, containing new configuration options
- Version 1.0
- - Automatically detect the title from web page content if no title appears in the browser tab
- - Added support for Turkish locale
- Version 0.4.1
- - Compatible with Firefox 3.0 beta 2
- - Removed support for Firefox 1.5 series, which is no longer maintained by Mozilla Corp.
- - Added support for Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Polish and Spanish locales
- Version 0.4
- - First public release