Saves and manages frequently-entered text for later pasting into web page forms in Firefox or email and newsgroup messages in Thunderbird. Pasting a clipping is accomplished with just two mouse clicks, eliminating the hassle of retyping or repetitive copying and pasting.
Easy ways to create a clipping
- From selected text in a form field or web page body in Firefox, or from selected text in an email message in Thunderbird
- By dragging and dropping text into the Clippings toolbar button on Thunderbird
- Save the web page address (URL) with the new clipping
Quickly paste a clipping
- Easy access to your clippings from the Clippings context menu in a web page form field (Firefox) or email message editor (Thunderbird)
- Individual clippings can be pasted as formatted text if they contain HTML tags
- Assign shortcut keys to clippings for quicker pasting. Just press
ALT+SHIFT+Y (Command+Shift+Y on macOS), then the shortcut key
Clippings 5.x users: The keyboard paste key is CTRL+ALT+V or Command+Option+V.
- Locate the clipping you want to paste by typing its name and selecting it from an autocomplete menu
Manage your clippings
- Organize your collection of clippings into folders using Clippings Manager
- Backup your clippings to safeguard against accidental data loss due to a hard drive crash, unintentional edits or deletes, etc.
- Make your important clippings stand out with color labels
For advanced users
- Define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping. Built-in placeholders for the date, time, clipping name, user agent, etc. are also available
- Import and export clippings to or from data source files to share with other users
English (United States), and German.
Do you want Clippings in your language?
If you are fluent in English and another world language and would like to help update or add a new translation, consider contributing a translation.
Compatible with Firefox and Thunderbird.