Saves and manages frequently-entered text for later pasting into web page forms in Firefox or email and newsgroup messages in Thunderbird. Pasting a clipping is accomplished with just two mouse clicks, eliminating the hassle of retyping or repetitive copying and pasting.
Easy ways to create a clipping
- From selected text in a form field or web page body in Firefox, or from selected text in an email message in Thunderbird
- By dragging and dropping text into the Clippings toolbar button
Quickly paste a clipping
- Easy access to your clippings from the Clippings context menu in a web page form field (Firefox) or email message editor (Thunderbird)
- Individual clippings can be pasted as formatted text if they contain HTML tags
- Assign shortcut keys to clippings for quicker pasting. Just press CTRL+ALT+V (Command+Option+V on Mac OS X), then the shortcut key
Manage your clippings
- Organize your collection of clippings into folders using Clippings Manager
- Import and export clippings to or from datasource files to share with other users
- Backup your clippings to safeguard against accidental data loss due to a hard drive crash, unintentional edits or deletes, etc.
For advanced users
- Define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping. Built-in placeholders for the date, time, clipping name, user agent, etc. are also available
- Import and export clippings to or from data source files to share with other users
English (United States), Chinese (simplified), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Swedish, Ukrainian.